URUBAMBA RIVER RAFTING
The Urubamba river runs from the high Andean ranges down through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, past Machupicchu and into the jungle.
The Urubamba is divided into Upper Urubamba and Lower Urubamba, the dividing feature being the Pongo de Mainique, a whitewater canyon that opens into the Amazon plain.
It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuquicahuna- (CHUQUI)” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is not contaminated, as unfortunately the Sacred Valley of the Incas sections of the river is.
Afterwards, we arrive to the take-out at “CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, where a hot Sauna and hot showers will be waiting, also a full course lunch will be provided. As an option can do ZIP-LINE over 4 cables across the river. Our return to Cusco should be around 5 in the afternoon. That evening you can look at the pictures of your trip at our office.
- Transportation from Cusco to the put-in at the River
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet, Life jacket, paddle, self bailing Raft
- Spray Jacket, wet Suit, Safety kayaker.
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back from the River
- Tents with Mattresses
- Thatched roof for the tents
- Sauna and Hot tub facilities
- Hot showers, toilets, fire place
- We have a socializing area
Our Service Includes
- A Swimming suit
- A complete set of dry cllothing
- A pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river that will wet
- sun block
- A small towel
- A bathing suit to wer under the wet suit
- A good possitive mental aptitude