INCA JUNGLE TRAIL
Inca jungle trail classic is an option for those who want to enjoy the classic activities that we have on the route. To do Downhill Mountain biking to Santa Maria town is one of the unique experiences that you might have during your trip in Peru 65km 40mi through different type of landscape. Hiking to Machupicchu in one of the original Inca trail that we have in Peru with mountain and Vilcanota valley overlooking and enjoy the magnificent sanctuary of Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO - ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARÍA 65KM 40MIN BIKING.We start our adventure early in the morning in Cusco; we pick you up from your hotel around 6 am. We drive you by car through the amazing sacred valley of the Incas. Passing the indigenous town of Chinchero with amazing views of Vilcabamba and Vilcanota mountains range and enjoying the panoramic views of the small towns in the sacred valley, after 2 hour drive we stop in the Inca town of Ollantaytambo to stretch your legs and using the toilet. Then we still driving by car up to Abra Malaga pass at 4350m 14271ft at this point we are going start biking down to Santa Maria town at 1430m 4691ft. At Abra Malaga you are going get all the biking gear and also a biking training to ensure the successful arrival to Santa Maria town. Biking starts high in the Andes with the majestic view of veronica snow-capped. Downhill biking from Abra Malaga to Santa Maria is fascinating where you can see nature at its purest. It is worth doing the biking, in combination, you will have the chance to enjoy the view of the beautiful landscape. The top is really spectacular, sometimes you feeling of being inside clouds. Once in Santa Maria you are going to the accommodations to take shower and relax. In the evening dinner at the restaurant in town
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – QUELLOMAYO - SANTA TERESA - COCALMAYO HOT SPRING 22KM 13MINHIKING.Our hiking day starts with energetic breakfast at the restaurant around 6:00 am. Today is one of the most awesome days of the entire adventure. We start hiking along the car route for about 45 minutes. then we get into the original Inca trail that used to be to connect Machu Picchu with Vilcabamba considered the last Inca capital on the way we appreciate many plantations of bananas, Coca, yucca, coffee, etc. 3 hours hiking on the original Inca trail with magnificent views of the Vilcanota valley and panoramic views of the hills covered on different type of plantations from the jungle. We stop at Quellomayo village for lunch a really nice place to have lunch in one of the local restaurants after lunch you can rest or walk around. Afterwards we continue the hike along the Vilcanota River 3.5 hours hiking to get to Colcamayo hot springs. This natural and outdoor hot spring is great for muscle relax after the hike you can spend a couple of hours at hot springs before to continue the hike to Santa Teresa. After 45 minutes hiking from the hot springs we get to Santa Teresa. Overnight is going be in Santa Teresa in the hostel and dinner in the local restaurant.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELÉCTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES 19KM 12MIN HIKING.After breakfast in Santa Teresa we start our hike to hydroelectric power plant for about 2.5 hour hiking on the road along the Vilcanota River during the hike we see the power plant of Santa Teresa and Hidroelectrica and also we see beautiful waterfalls after an exhausted hike in the warm valley we arrive to Hidroelectrica where we have a delicious lunch. Before to continue the hike we stop in Intihuatana (sundial) to have an explanation of this small Inca ruins and also to have the first view of Machu Picchu then we hike along the train truck for 3 hour approximately an easy hike to get to Aguas Calientes town. Once in town we go to the hotel to get ready for our last supper all the group together.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHUPICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO - CUSCOThe most important day for most of the adventurous to visit Machu Picchu early morning after breakfast in the hotel very early we go to the bus station to catch the bus up to Machu Picchu in order to be in Machu Picchu by 6:00 am because Machu Picchu opens at 6:00 am. The only time that we got to see Machu Picchu with no people is only in the mornings because later Machu Picchu is crowded. We always try being the first ones in Machu Picchu to enjoy it better and see the sunrise. Afterwards the guide will get you around Machu Picchu doing the tour for about 2.5 hour in order to get to know very well about Machu Picchu. Then you have free time to explore Machu Picchu by yourselves. If you booked the extra tickets for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain you are going to climb one of these mountains.
Machu Picchu is located in the middle of nowhere and up on the granite mountain edge, there is no any records about Machu Picchu of the Incas time. It is not mentioned in any of the chronicles of the Spanish conquistadors and archaeologists.
Machu Picchu was under the dense vegetation until July 24th 1911. When the American historian Hiram Bingham (who was in search of Vilcabamba) discovered it that is why he called it "the lost city of the Incas".
At least you are going spend 8 to 9 hour in Machu Picchu. Then you have to go back to Aguas Calientes town in order to catch the train back to Ollantaytambo town. From Ollantaytambo transfer you back to Cusco by car and we drop you in your hotel in Cusco.
- Pre-departure Inca Jungle Trail briefing, presented by your tour guides at our office in Cusco
- Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to head of biking Abra Malaga (starting point of the biking).
- Professional multilingual Tour guides and leaders
- Accommodations in Santa Maria, Santa Teresa and Aguas Calientes town (3 night)
- Bikes and full Safety biking gear
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Two and half hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Bus ticket up from Aguas Calientes to Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Return Expedition train ticket on Day 4 from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco on day 5
- 3 Nutritious Breakfast in the local restaurant
- 3 Energetic lunch in the local restaurant
- 3 Delicious Dinner in the local restaurant
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- Hot shower at each accommodation
- First aid equipment
- Safe storage of your belongings at our office in Cusco while you are hiking the Lares trek
- Specialized travel advisor assigned for you to customize the rest of your Peru Trip
- High-quality service and support
Our Service Includes
- Entrance to Hot Spring in Colcamayo on day 2 (5 soles)
- Breakfast on day 1
- Last Lunch on day 4
- Personal trekking gear
- Tips to guide and support staff
- Extra personal expenses.
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, tips